Saturday, July 24, 2010

Baby Bedding

I've officially ordered Little Man's crib bedding today. Yay!

I know, he's three months old, and most mommies had this done before their little ones were born. But my little guy has been sleeping in a bassinet since we brought him home from the hospital and hasn't needed a crib - much less bedding for one.

I picked out bedding for his nursery months before he was born, and had it on our TargetBaby registry. The set didn't have a matching mobile, so I ordered a custom one from a great Etsy store I found. My plan was to run to Target and pick up the bedding as soon as we had a crib for Little Man, but the other day I noticed that the bedding had been put on Clearance, and I didn't want to wait too long and miss out on the perfect set.

And then I realized that the same design came in both crib bedding and toddler bedding, which prompted the decision of which set to get.



The crib bedding set included the comforter, fitted sheet, and plush bumper, while the toddler bed set included the same comforter and fitted sheet, as well as a flat sheet and a pillow case. Currently, it is advised to discontinue the use of bumpers and blankets in a crib because of a suffocation hazard. Plus, once Little Man grows out of his crib and into a toddler bed, we'd need more/different bedding. Ultimately, I decided to purchase the toddler bedding now, and use only the fitted sheet for the crib (we'd only really be using the sheet either way for now), saving the rest of the pieces for when he's a toddler. All in all, I'm happy with the decision and purchase. Now I'm just anxious to get him into a crib and try it out!

2 comments:

  1. I almost picked that up the other day because I saw it on clearance. I will be getting a soft blanket to match the print. We can try it our in the crib when you visit.
    Love,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Grandma! I was hoping to find one of the matching blankets at your Target when we visit - they're all gone up here. We can always use another Snuggle Blanket! :)

    ReplyDelete