Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tummy Time

Little Man hates tummy time. He doesn't even try to push himself up; he just lays there, smashing his face into the floor and screaming. So I don't have him practice very often - it's traumatizing for both of us! But they tell me it's something he's supposed to be doing, so I've forced myself to lay him down front-first and grit my teeth for as long as I can in the hopes that he would eventually adjust and calm down. No such luck.

I've been trying everything I can think of in recent days in attempt to make the experience less painful for everyone involved, but to no avail. I was about to give up all hope - until today.

Today we tried propping up on the Boppy pillow so he'd be able to look around more. Ta-da!




All of a sudden, he's a happy little man! Why didn't we try this sooner? Oh, the things motherhood does to my brain ...

2 comments:

  1. Eh, don't be so hard on yourself...motherhood is one big giant learning experience...especially for the first baby!
    He's happy and healthy and growing like a weed...that proves you're doing JUST FINE.

    Back off yourself, woman! ;-) ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had the exact same problem and ended up (finally - duh!) with the exact same solution - the Boppy! Yay! He's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete