Wednesday, August 11, 2010

An Anniversary

Today is the third anniversary of my favorite day.

I became a Misses on August 11, 2007, and began the journey to becoming the woman I am today. I have had many fantastic days since [the birth of my son is certainly one of them!] but many would not have transpired without this, my favorite day, the day that I was joined to the man I love and who loves me above all others.

This was a day of celebrating, a day of joy, a day that lives vividly in my memory. A day I wish to share with you in some of my favorite photographs.

As my sister tied my dress, I felt the shivers of excitement.
This, my favorite day, was to be the beginning of my new life.
His mother pins his corsage, preparing to give her son away.
We shared a quiet moment together before the ceremony began. 
Here, in his father's church, we were united as one.
With this ring, I thee wed.

Sealed with a kiss.

I am hopeful that these next years will hold as many glorious days [and more!] as the past three years have. God has given me a wonderful man to stand beside, and I will be right there with him for the rest of my days. I could not have asked for a more beautiful life than the one I have been so graciously given, and I am thankful for it each day.

Happy Third Anniversary, my love.
And here's to many, many more.

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing the pictures; they're GORGEOUS. ((Hugs!!))

    ReplyDelete