Thursday, August 26, 2010

Madison

Early this morning, we hit the road for a quick trip to Madison. Picking up my Dad on the way, we visited my grandparents' house and introduced them to Little Man. For the first time, we had all four generations together.
Momma, Great-Grandpa, Little Man, and Grandpa
Great-Grandpa & Grammy were thrilled to get some snuggles from Little Man, and he fully enjoyed having new faces at which to smile and coo.

Great-Grandpa also enjoyed having us around for a chat - especially Husby, with whom he shares a military background. We heard stories of days gone by, and reminisced together as we looked through all the photos books and trinkets on their shelves.
April 30, 1950
I can't help but think that we've all taken this "greatest generation" for granted, that one day we'll look back and wish we had spent more time with them, talking and learning and loving. So today I did my best to soak up all the wisdom I could from them, tucking it away to share with my son someday so that they will never truly be lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment