Friday, August 6, 2010

A New 'Home'

Being home with my family has afforded me a luxury I haven't been able to indulge in for a few months - time with my sisters. We've made trips out for ice cream and shopping, or just sat at home chatting, enjoying our time together. Tonight, we went out to Chili's for chips and salsa, and had a fantastic time.

Sitting in a booth together, I decided to divulge a secret that I had been keeping from them ... a secret that only my husband, parents and brother knew ... a secret I now divulge to you as well:

Matt got a new job a better job. This job will be based in Wichita, KS instead of Ogden, UT. This job will require him to go through six months of Tech School (training) in Mississippi - six months that Little Man and I will not be able to be with him. Thus, we will be staying with Grandma & Grandpa Browne until February-ish.

The Aunties could not have been more excited! They are simply in love with Little Man, and were saddened at the thought that our vacation would eventually come to an end and we would have to leave them. But worry no more, Aunties ... we'll be here until you're sick of us!

While I do not relish the thought of being away from my favorite man for such a long time, I am comforted to know that he will be able to visit us often (one or two weekends a month) and we will be with family while he is away. And after all the training is done, we'll be in a better location with a better position to advance his career and our lives. In this instance, the ends justify the means.

So for now, our new 'home' is here in Dallas. And while my heart will be split between my boys until we can all be together again, the love of those around us will keep me together.

2 comments:

  1. That's wonderful! Praying for you all though more transition....
    I'm sure sweet Reagan's aunties are THRILLED; I know I would be! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I bet it's going to feel like Matt's deployed over the next six months! But enjoy that time with your family! I was just thinking lately that ideally, we'd be within a day's drive of my parents so that the kids and I could go there whenever we wanted, and we wouldn't have to wait for Adam to be on vacation.

    Kansas is a great district. Adam's brother is in Newton, which is about an hour from Wichita, I think. Apparently, there's some Lutheran schools in that area, also, so I'm sure you'll have much better options for church! Yeah, lcms.org shows 8 congregations, so I'm sure you'll be able to find one that's "you"!

    ReplyDelete