Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankfulness

Today, I am thankful that this:
 became this:
complete with happy baby!
We have so many things to be thankful for this year. Most of all, I'm thankful that I have two boys who love me, as well as families on both sides who are missing us this holiday. And I am thankful for the assurance of my salvation, whithout which life wouldn't be worth living.

This was my first Thanksgiving completely on my own - years past have been spent at the home of either my mother or Husby's, so I haven't been responsible for the entire menu before. Surprisingly, I'm rather proud of how everything turned out - and Husby has requested that I log the recipes so that we don't have to change anything for next year. I believe that's code for 'job well done'.

Our menu included:
  • Turkey
  • Mashed Potatoes
  • Gravy
  • Green Bean Casserole
  • Sweet Potato Casserole
  • Stuffing

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment