Saturday, December 18, 2010

Goodies

The holiday season begs the baker in me to get to work, and I've been putting it off for far too long. My boys and their pouty faces finally got the best of me this afternoon, and I quickly knocked out some lemon cupcakes [Husby's favorite!]. Little Man was content to watch from his high chair just as long as I was moving - but don't you sit down, Momma! All two-dozen cupcakes were mixed, baked, and frosted before he had a major melt-down, a success by any standards!
While our cupcakes cooled, we took a walk down to the mailbox to see what Christmas packages awaited us. Wouldn't you know it, the day I decide to bake sweets, some more show up in the mail. A dear friend in Iowa sent us some CakeBalls she made this week so we wouldn't miss out on the holdiay cheer. Thanks, Jenny!
Our home is officially on a sugar rush, and we're doing our best to keep from finishing off the goodies tonight. We'll see just how much will-power two 'grown ups' have once the baby goes to bed ...

No comments:

Post a Comment