Saturday, March 5, 2011

Jeans Re-Do

Growing another baby means growing another baby belly. Said belly will no longer fit into my regular jeans, so it was time to pull out my stash of maternity clothes from when RJ was still in-utero. I dug through the pile of fabric to find my early pregnancy jeans [the ones my mother-in-law so graciously bought for me just after we found out we were a family of three] only to discover some severly worn areas in need of a little TLC ["tender love 'n' care", not "The Learning Channel"]. What to do? Iron-on patches would be too big and too visible, but what other option is there? And then I remembered a tutorial I stumbled on here. Since the early stage of this pregnancy will be over the spring and summer [and here in Mississippi it's already spring weather], revitalizing this sad pair of pants into a new skirt seemed like the perfect solution. Plus, I was already working with maternity pants, so I didn't even have to worry about adding the belly panel. Easy, scheasy.

I set to work ripping out the inseams, and before I knew it I was ready to put my sewing machine to good use. With some stopping and starting again [RJ doesn't always allow me to work a project all the way through in one sitting], my once un-wearable pants magically transformed into a rather fashionable skirt. Never before have I attempted to make [or in this case alter] clothing, but after this project I just might be more adventurous.

BEFORE

AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment