Friday, September 9, 2011

Impending Birth

It's 4:45 on Friday morning, and I can't sleep because the child in my belly will very soon be out. Grandma snores in the living room, ready to take over Toddler duty as Husby and I venture off to the hospital's birthing center. We had planned to go into labor naturally, on our own, but lately my blood pressure, protein, and sugar numbers have been concerning, and my doctor has scheduled us for an induction this morning for our safety. Technically, today is our 39th week & 4th day of this pregnancy (although if you count by my dates instead of the ultrasound, we're really at 41 weeks & 5 days), making it reasonable to ask Baby Boy to leave his current residence and enter the world with the rest of us. Nervously excited, I sit here typing in the dark while Husby catches a few more minutes of sleep. In just a few more hours, I'll be able to sit back and marvel as my husband holds his second son for the first time.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Blessings on the new addition to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope things are going well. I always planned on going into labor on my own, too, but sometimes life happens and plans need to change. Either way, you get a beautiful baby to love and care for. :)

    ReplyDelete