Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Open-Door Policy

After a couple hours of running errands and meeting Husby for dinner, RJ and I returned home a little later that usual tonight. I planned to take him straight up to be, skipping the bath since he was so tired. We gathered our things and headed inside, only to be greeted by an unlocked, open front door.

Since the death of bin Laden, our security has been heightened and we've been instructed to report any and all suspicious activity. With no husband available to check for bad guys, I whipped out the cell phone to call the SPs (security police who patrol base housing). Not three minutes later I had two Airman doing a security check of the property. They assured me that the house was clear, but asked me to notify them if we noticed anything missing or strange.

RJ is now sleeping peacefully in his room, but I'm having a hard time winding down. Did I leave the door open? We were in a bit of a hurry when we left, but I always lock the door - which obviously means I shut it. So how did it end up open? Maybe I forgot this time - Pregnant Brain will do that to you at times. But the whole thing shook me a little too much, and I find myself waiting up for Husby to get home at midnight. Maybe then I'll be able to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment